Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Well Hell, Buna

Well Buna, I had not planned to go here. Not for a while yet anyway. I seriously had not.

I get up this morning to an addition number of emails, private messages.

I am up to like 41.

I am trying to answer all of them. So, hang in there. 

Most are concerning " The Clique."( I received a couple of messages from people who said there is "No Clique" but then, if I mentioned their names, most people on here would say, they are members of the clique.)

Most, I cannot tell the stories because in many cases the situation has not been resolved, or the person has children still in the Buna ISD.

And I will tell you what, there are some stories, well, I've started to tell people, if you can, move. And for years and years I told people how good Buna was.

I no longer attempt to do so.....I hear more about the politics involving the school district than I hear about what's going on.

I understand that the district is limited in paying starting teachers, they simply don't have the funds, but when Barber's Hill ISD announce they are starting a first year teacher at $60,000, how can you attract the best and brightest?

I as many of you know, I stayed in Buna pretty much because I had a " Sugar Mama" Mrs. Thomas made so much more money than I did, I could stay in Buna for my career until I " Had enough."

Now is everyone teaching at Buna terrible? Of course not. There are still good dedicated teachers in the classroom. Trouble is, so many people the district attracts that are good leave for whatever reason after a short period of time. ( It isn't just Buna having this problem, people often get into the classroom for a couple of years and chase that dollar, or go, " I can do better than this mess.")

So, don't really want comments. I had enough through private messages/email in the last 24 hours.

And please, those of you who have my cell, number, don't be handing out "willy-nilly" to people who are a "friend of a friend." I had a hour long conversation with someone I did not know yesterday evening about a problem they were having with the school....If you have my number, consider yourself lucky. And please, I generally have enough confidence in you to not make it public.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...