Monday, July 8, 2019

I Would Have Loved to Have Shown This to Buna Seniors

But, it did not exist when I was teaching......and I would have gotten into so much trouble trying to show this to the senior class.

The senior English teacher and myself had a " teach across the subjects" for while when we were in Buna.

She taught " Animal Farm", and I taught the Russian Revolution.

This month ( July) Netflix has introduced a 6 part series called the " Last Czars."

It is a show on the failure of Nicholas the II of Russia.

It is pretty historically correct....and the program is narrated by a group of British and American historians. Including Marina Alexabdrova( Potoplyak) who teaches at the University of Texas at Austin.

Trouble is, I would have shown episode one and there would been a called " Special Meeting" of the Buna ISD Board of Trustees to fire me.

Alexandria is topless in the first episode.

People in this nation go nuts over a couple of titties.  

God forbid I show later episodes.

In one episode it shows Nicholas and Alexandria on the floor of their bedroom, "getting busy." Nekkid for all the world to see. It looked like something you would see on Cinamax at 1:45AM.

Then, to show it why Rasputin was the way he was, they showed him nude with other nude people, dancing in a cultist religious ceremony. All sexual in nature.

Then, there is the scene in which Rasputin helped a Russian peasant girl " Rub One Out."

Now I know about half of you were already playing " slap and tickle" by your senior year.

Hell, I was amazed at the number of seniors girls who told me they were on some form of birth control.  ( Miss a day, and I would ask if they were ill, and the answer often would be, no, I went to the doctor for my depo-provera shot...Not upset at you, in truth, glad you were being responsible.)

The other half were wishing you were playing "hide the bologna" but you can't for religious, or couldn't get anyone to hump you or whatever.....Don't tell me those 18 year old hormones were not going wild....

( Y'all got to remember, I was 18 at one time.......)

It's a good show....It's pretty darn historically correct. Just a bit rough for high school.

But I couldn't show it to a group of high school seniors. Even though most of you wouldn't "narc" on me.

It would be some other teacher. Or an underclasscritter.

But if you have Netflix, it is worth a watch, just not if you have small children still up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...