I was minding my own damn business, was actually looking at a website that makes men's suits that look like the suits from the 1930-1940s, and can get them in a tweed like look, and not planning to blog today, when I glanced over on Facebook and saw Mitch Keller had posted today's blog.
Let me remind you, if you are not reading it, you need to read Mitch's blog.
While I am not always interested in the topic( I'm talking Disney) I always read it because it is so well written.
Today's topic was sort of like my blog from yesterday concerning the booing of Andrew Luck ( football player if you didn't know) for retiring by the Colt's fans.
This whole feeling that " people own you" because you are in the public realm. ( And sports media personalities Stephen A. Smith and Colin Cowherd agreed with the booing)
And it reminded me of this.
When I had people upset with me because I had retired.
Not teasing.
I mean seriously mad.
They wanted me to teach their 2nd, 3rd, whatever kid.
I had siblings that got mad because their brother/ sister was going to miss the " Thomas experience."
It is some of that, because you are a 'public figure" or I paid for you to teach. Well, " You can't retire yet."
( I've had people write me that I can't write blogs critical of Buna ISD because I had worked there....Past tense....)
As I have said before, it was time for me to retire. I felt myself losing a step. I was not the same " Mr. Thomas" in 2011 as I was back in 1994.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
World War III??????????????????????
For literally decades, actually, when I was age 5-6, I read everything I could get my hands on concerning World War 2 and a lesser extent W...
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment