Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I Blame Mitch Keeler

I was minding my own damn business, was actually looking at a website that makes men's suits that look like the suits from the 1930-1940s, and can get them in a tweed like look, and not planning to blog today, when I glanced over on Facebook and saw Mitch Keller had posted today's blog.

Let me remind you, if you are not reading it, you need to read Mitch's blog. 

While I am not always interested in the topic( I'm talking Disney) I always read it because it is so well written.

Today's topic was sort of like my blog from yesterday concerning the booing of Andrew Luck ( football player if you didn't know) for retiring by the Colt's fans.

This whole feeling that " people own you" because you are in the public realm. ( And sports media personalities Stephen A. Smith and Colin Cowherd agreed with the booing)

And it reminded me of this.

When I had people upset with me because I had retired.

Not teasing.

I mean seriously mad.

They wanted me to teach their 2nd, 3rd, whatever kid.

I had siblings that got mad because their brother/ sister was going to miss the " Thomas experience."

It is some of that, because you are a 'public figure" or I paid for you to teach. Well, " You can't retire yet."

( I've had people write me that I can't write blogs critical of Buna ISD because I had worked there....Past tense....)

As I have said before, it was time for me to retire. I felt myself losing a step. I was not the same " Mr. Thomas" in 2011 as I was back in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...