Friday, August 16, 2019

What's the Deal With Black Youths Doing This?

I call them youths because they are all under 40 and to me at this point in my life, anyone under 40 years of age is " Youths."

No, all over the YouTube there is a all of a sudden a bunch of Black younger people reviewing music from the 60s, 70s, 80s.....

And most had never heard of much of even knew music I just assumed everyone knew or where at least familiar with.

Led Zep, AC/DC, The Doors, Meatloaf, Metallica, CCR, Eagles, Stevie Ray Vaughn........And some are reviewing some of the old traditional country music.

Most are surprised when they first hear the Righteous Brothers, they don't know they're white.  They were even talking about why Motown didn't sign them, well, Phil Spector did, he was the West Coast R&B producer. ( He had The Ronettes, Darlene Love.....Darlene sang "Baby Please Come Home " on David Letterman's Christmas Show for 30 years.)

Then, the ones listen to country are shocked to find out that Charley Pride is Black....

They almost to to person love " Elvis." ( Hell, who doesn't love them some Elvis)

And to my surprise, they like what I listened to as a "Youths." And still do.....They've just never heard it before. ( Hell yeah, we listened to good stuff in the 70s....)

The last couple of nights Deb and I have watched reviews through Roku on the big TV so we can play the music through the " Voice of the Theater"  speakers. It is pretty darn good stuff....

Let me suggest "India Reacts" and "Modern Renaissance Man....."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...