Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Would You Do It Again?

Today, the Buna ISD starts back to school. And of course there will be photos of the kids going back to school for the first day...and to be honest, you need to show your kids and be proud as hell of them.

But the statement was made on my " First Day" of not going back photo about " High School being the best days of your life."

And then, there is the though, would you go back and do it again, especially if you knew what you knew what you knew today?

Oh, I would work like a madman now if I was doing high school again with today's knowledge....Try and get into Texas...Or A&M....

Would have tried to ignore them females in high school. ( Not sure those hormones would let you.)

But then, if I had gone to say, UT-Austin, I would have never met my wife....And it was foreordained I met her, she had been accepted to A&M, but the freshmen girl's dorm was full and her mom wouldn't let her get an apartment.

If I would have gone to Texas, I doubt I would have wound up teaching school in the Buna ISD. Heck, I would have stayed in Austin. And I'll be honest, and don't tell anyone, I really loved teaching in Buna.....Come on, I had seniors, and no one even tried to tell me what to teach....Or how to teach.....I literally did what the hell I wanted to do....It is why I was so " hard" on you. I knew your next step in life wouldn't be fun no matter what it would be.....And a lot of people hated me because I was "rough on y'all."

I grew up at the feet of a Calvinist and sort of have Calvinist tendencies today, ( Calvinism, the belief God has predestined everything in the world) and I believe so much of my life I literally had no control over. It was going to happen anyway....That said, I still think there is a lot of "Free-Will" in life. ( Thus endth the lesson)

Okay, if you had to do it all over, and you knew what you do today, would you start over?

I wouldn't for all the tea in China....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...