Sunday, November 17, 2019

Now, I want to Sit in the Bathtub and Drink Whisky

Or sing" Starman "by David Bowie.

I laughed, I cried, I killed all of 10 hours. ( I did take breaks.)

Season 3 of "The Crown" is in the books at the Compound.

Maybe it is just me, but it was my favorite season so far.

Perhaps it is because I remember many of the events that occurred. ( Long time Anglophile, even in my youth. )

Helena Bonham Carter is a jewel.  Plays Princess Marget to a "T." They could not have picked a better "older" Princess.

You'll feel sorry for Prince Charles. The boy just doesn't "Get" being a royal. And in truth, I really don't either.

Jason Watkins hits Prime Minister Harold Wilson. I remember him in high school Wilson looking and acting just as Watkins plays him.

Olivia Coleman, who plays Queen Elizabeth II? Does a good job, so much so, I REALLY don't care for the Queen of England at this point. 

10 episodes. About 59 minutes each.....

My favorite? Episode 4, in which we learn about the life of the queen's husband, Prince Phillip's Mother.....Hint, she's a Greek Orthodox Nun.....

Oh, and I've got to try it, in one scene, Prince Charles' favorite uncle, Lord Mountbatten is seen in a bathtub , drinking what looks like " scotch" from the color....He's doing so, while his Black Lab dog sit by the tub.....

Now, I need to try it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...