Friday, November 15, 2019

What the CORNBREAD F*CK Buna ISD?

I heard about this a day or two ago and well, I tried to let it lie, but yesterday, I got a phone call from a parent all upset about speaker at the Buna School.

Seems the guy was speaking about bullying.....And why it is bad......And that is a good thing.....

The guy was also the evangelist for a revival at the Baptist Church out on Highway 96 as you're headed out of town towards K-Ville....

Man, let me tell you what, that revival money is good dough. I know, I have done revivals before and was shocked at the " Love Offering" they gave me....and this was back in the 1980s.....Before I got real with myself.....And got out of the church business before I lost my "soul." ( If you are really listening to Jesus, he's going to tell you a bunch of stuff you do NOT want to hear.)

But I digress.

Three different sources have told me that while the speaker didn't mention " Jesus," and said " Christian" only once, there were apparently references to " Big Guy" and " Going Home" and " Higher Power."

And bullying was discussed only once.....

Now I know it is Buna and the Evangelical community doesn't really care what anyone else thinks. ( Don't tell me otherwise.)

But, man, bringing an evangelist to a school to speak?

And I know some of those kids "need Jesus." 

But.....You're playing with fire.

Sorry Evangelical Christian community, but it is wrong.

Sorry Buna ISD....It's wrong....You see, I still believe in the separation of church and state.

And Buna ISD, you're the fucking state.......And I know you've had for years a problem understanding the lines.....

Religion.....Faith....Whatever you care to call it is a personal thing, and when you are dealing with minors, it is their parent's business, not yours.

And it certainly isn't Buna ISD's business.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...