Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Yep, This is Why.....

Yep, I know people get all upset, and it upsets me too, then again, years ago, it wasn't this expensive. And it makes me wonder what the world the outcome is going to be....

Yep, today is why I went to college.

I will never forget walking to the gym about 10am one morning for some sort of assembly in the Magnolia ISD and Keith Durrett saying to a group of male teachers as he was looking at a guy shoveling dirt in a sleet storm......" Boys, that's why we went to college."

And some of you don't think it is, but teaching is hard, really hard if you're doing it right, Mr. Taucer and I made it look easy because, well, we were damn good at it....No brag, just fact....

Then again, getting pension at age 53 did help.....

Now, there is nothing wrong with hard "get your hands dirty work." My dad was a welder.

But it takes all sort of people to make this mess work.

Teachers, doctors, lawyers, nurses, accountants, tech geeks.........

And yes, welders, pipefitters, plumbers..........Even the folks frying your potatoes at DQ.

Don't get onto people because they went to college and you didn't. It seriously sounds like some form of envy when you do....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...