Tuesday, November 12, 2019

You Know, Some of You Are Just Hateful

I don't know what else to call it.

I am not sure if it is a sign of the times, it is the political climate we are in, but man, things are just rearing their ugly head.

I had a dear friend concerned about his parents using the word" N*gg"r" still and upset they were trading( as in business) with a black person.

I read this morning where parents had ground their son because the boy, who is white, was dating a girl of a mixed race.

I have a former student I had planned to kill if ever saw them again, because they had written me and called my daughter in law a " Gook." And thought it was "funny."( Another student of mine, with a cooler head, reminded me I would get anything but the rest of my life in Huntsville.)

The "Gook" student is too damn stupid to know, that the term "Gook" is used ( Originally )for Koreans.  During the Korean war American GI's heard the Koreans use the term " Miguk" meaning, in Korean " Americans". They thought they were saying " Me Gook."( It was later used to include Vietnam.)

It isn't a racist term against Chinese. But then again, most Americans can't tell the difference. I am amazed Deb and I can tell you if a person in Chinese, Korean, Japanese , Vietnamese in about 2 seconds now.

I don't know where we are headed in this country.

It isn't going to get any better anytime soon. 

Maybe in the end, it will be our downfall?

I can see the "wheels coming off the truck" and everyone pointing fingers at everyone else, rather than blame themselves....

I don't know, I keep saying it might be someone else's turn.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...