Monday, December 23, 2019

Merry Christmas!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a "Merry Christmas" from the Compound here in Lemonville.

We expect the " Chinese in da House" in about 6 hours and have soirees to attend from now until December 26th, so this will be the last  blog I will write for a while.

For my Fop/Dandy readers, yes, I have my dress picked out, for each of the evenings.

Tonight, a light tweed jacket with slacks, OCBD shirt and a tartan tie, not sure which tartan yet, I may wear my "Clergy" tartan as I am wearing sarum blue sock and sarum blue shoelaces in the oxblood shoes I am wearing.

Tomorrow a 3-piece navy blue suit, with yes, the waistcoat, I even will pull out the Churchill-ian silver watch chain and pocket watch. Oxford shoes, with Advent purple shoelaces and of course purple socks to match. Of course bow-tie and a grey fedora hat.

Christmas Day, will be at my Mother's, in Vidor, so I'll lighten up, OCBD light blue Brooks Brothers shirt, khaki slacks, boat shoes, and depending on the warmth of the weather, a tan sports coat with a glen plaid checked stripe, or a brown herringbone tweed.  Nothing fancy.

I seriously have to dress up, to keep up with my daughter-in-law now.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas.

And to the two who have sent me information on an area, well, I hesitated at first going there, I will go there and let the chips fall as they may. Give me a few days to think about how I will write it after the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...