Thursday, January 23, 2020

WE GET MAIL>>>>BUNA ISD DRUG TEST

It never ceases to amaze me people's view on the Buna ISD either positive or negative.

People seem forget that the school district is a government entity. It operates on taxes. It has elected officials who are supposed to be running the ISD.

You people forget this because you " know" the people involved.

These same people would throw you, your kids, teachers, staff, administrators etc, etc, under the bus if they needed to in a heartbeat. Especially if they are afraid it might hurt them in some way. Forget about doing " The right thing."

 So, here are some of the messages I received.

- " Damn the school, damn, damn, damn. You know some bigshot's kid fails the test, it will get lost, or we'll never hear about it." 

No, No...Surely not. ( I'm being sarcastic here.  )


- "  Your correct the rumor mill would be crazy for staff."

Yeah, you've got to remember a bunch of staff is older and of course are taking all sorts of prescriptions, some, pretty damn serious. And it isn't anyone's business what we are taking in order to survive. 

- "  damn Baptists"

And how long has Buna been "wet" now? They have influence on other people's lives.  

-"They do not want to be tested. I know several in kirbyville, they threw a fit when kirbyville almost did it. You would be surprised who would pop for smoke, pills or coke after a long weekend or holiday that's a teacher "

I've been a proponent of the legalization of marijuana for years. I wonder what they will do when medical pot is finally legalized in Texas? I know I plan to be among the first to get a prescription.  But not shocked who is, and who isn't under the influence. Trouble is, who you going to replace them with? You can't get people to do the job now, and those you do, are often not worth a damn.   

-" You opened up a can of worms with the drug testing. "

My pleasure. My job is to get you people to think and let people who are afraid to say anything know, " They are not alone in their thinking." 

 Let me remind you people, I liked what I did. I may not have acted like it, but I like the kids. I think I did a pretty good job. But I taught in 5 different districts. I trusted none of them as far as I can throw a Kansas City Southern freight train.
Like your school district. But keep an eye on them. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...