Thursday, February 27, 2020

God Bless Those of You Who Have to Do This.....

I do not know how you do it, I really do not know.  I know I have done so in the past, but I guess I could do and may have to do so at some point.

As many of you know, we went to Houston yesterday so " The Boss" could get a medical procedure performed.

And on the way home from H-Town I got to thinking, I could not drive here like some folks every damn day. I have a nephew by marriage who drives fro the Woodlands to Sugar Land every day.

No, we made that mistake of getting behind a "car fire " on Hwy 288 and let the circus begin.

I came away from the entire experience with the following thoughts....

- People got too much money. I saw 4 Jags, a Bentley, 2 Teslas, and about ten vanity plates.

- People can't drive. Just can't drive. I am of the mind we need to bring back a DPS Trooper giving people driving tests again.

- Deb took me to a "pretend" Mexican place called " Gringos" in the Deer Park / LaPorte area. Full of " Gringos" thinking this was actual Mexican food, and I'll admit I too like a good Tex-Mex, well, this is like the food you get in a Chinese Buffet, it ain't well, real Chinese.( That's okay, I've eaten at a fancy hotel in china with them trying to fix " Western/American" food. Fried fish ain't little goldfish sized fish with the head) Not to take away, I enjoyed the heck outta my " Presidente " Plate.

- If I lived in H-Town I'd have to at some point learn enough of an oral second language to get around. Spanish? If I was an area near the kids, like Sugar Land, it'd probably be Mandarin. Just enough to "fake" it, and a 62, might be hard.

- Don't know, as Deb said, if she's gotten a job in the Medical Center, we'd bought a Townhouse, Condo, something in that area. I guess I would have adjusted.  But when we lived in Fort Worth we had a house in a working class neighborhood with a huge backyard with 8 pecan trees. I loved that backyard.

- BTW- I did the Ash Wednesday fast yesterday. Sun up- Sun down before I had my "fake" Mexican. Perhaps at this time in my life, my last.

-And giving up the worst thing I can. I've given up " Cokes" for Lent. I'm going to frinkin' die....

Just want to thank everyone for the prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...