Friday, February 28, 2020

Happy to Do It

I'm generally happy to help you in anyway I can. Be a reference on an application. Give you some sort of advice, and well, sometimes it might be good...or not so good. But I will try to tell you the truth about stuff.

And of course I am more than glad to marry you.

It is strange, I am booked for October, and not a wedding in June. You never know. ( I have one in October I am thrilled to be performing)

So, I have a wedding a couple of weeks from now in March, or at least, I thought that I did.

The groom had asked me months ago to do the wedding, and because it was someone I know, it was a freebie. I as many of you know, don't understand the concept of a paid ministry, and I was one one time and felt " dirty" every paycheck. So, I got out. ( Remember how did St. Paul earn a living? Passing the plate? No, he made tents...)

Well, it seems the bride, whom I do not know, did not know, and well she has an uncle that is some sort of minister.

And that's fine.

I just wish they'd let me know a month ago, I tuned down a soiree that I can't get back.

I know this sounds ugly, but please check with your " to be" spouse who you ask to be you officiate is okay. ( Most of the time it is okay because, well, it just is.) ( And this goes for anyone you ask to officiate, not just me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...