Saturday, February 29, 2020

The First Time in a Long Damn Time

I have not been like this in a long damn time. I guess many of us are here.

For the first time in well, forever, I did not early vote. Even when I lived in Jefferson County, I would loop by the early voting place and vote. And generally it is on the the last Friday to do so.

I think part of it is Orange County has moved our ( Mauriceville's) early voting site way the hell down FM 1442 to the the county " Convention Center". Literally 13 miles from here.

Another part is I can't decide who to vote for in about 4 races including the one for sheriff.

I've considered taking a Sacajawea Dollar coin into the voting both and flipping the coin to see who to cast my ballot for.

And on others, I have thought about just putting an 'X' through both names. I know in the past my late father has place an 'X' across the entire ballot he was so disgusted with the choice of candidates. 

I know Tuesday's vote for my precinct is at the Assembly of God Church in Mauriceville.

I know I won't but I've seriously thought about doing to time honored tradition of 50% of Americans and not vote.

I'm sure I will actually vote, but I am certainly not enthused.

I may take my ballot, void of any actually votes and place it in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...