So, the phone rang this morning at....4AM....
" Mr. Thomas, I read that you get up to pray." " And I need some help." ( I'd been up for a while, and was in prayer to the Divine.)
Bail money was the first thing that came to mind.
No, they had read the funny I had posted about the brooms and the "witchcraft " involved in the action. And that I needed to run some sort of intervention. ( Mr. Taucer of course was quick to remind us that it actually involves the Laws of Physics)( In truth it was a coin toss on the comment, I was going to say something about the English Department, but I decided to save them for later)
It seems the person on the call thinks a family member is possessed. And 'hinted' about me somehow getting involved.
This call was from a person who "doesn't play."
I about had a heart attack.
So, we had discussion with the caller and in truth, I think the person in question needs some sort of psychological help. And told them where to get the help.
So, people....The following.
1, Yes, I have books needed for an exorcism. But I do not plan to use them. I acquired them shortly after seminary when I was "continuing" my study. Doing an actual one is serious business. Mess up on of the words in Latin and you got trouble. Finally on this subject, I am not "Pure of Heart" in order to perform one.
2. Yes, I believe in supernatural, I still follow Pascal's Wager. Pascal of course was the seventeenth-century philosopher.... Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists
and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a
person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.),
whereas he stands to receive infinite gains( Heaven )vs. infinite loss ( Hell). Your faith or lack of faith and what you believe is your business. Far be it for me to say anything about it, especially how I live my life. Most of the time I feel like I am just one step ahead.
3. I may have to change my phone number. Why are you people who have my phone number just giving it out to people? Just 3-4 of you get the number.
4. And unless someone has died or is about to die, don't call me a 4AM. Remember, I have a Mother who turns 90 later this year. Her health is my first concern at late calls. I know you're all upset, and certainly don't call at 4AM for something like bail, I'll tell you to just " Sit your ass."
5. I am not sure if I want comments on this. I'll have people mad, or be smart asses and the person who called, well, it was a serious call.
I told Shelby Church on Facebook the other day, my life goes from being "Dull as Ditchwater" to just "out of control" and it was a bit early to be "Out of control" this morning.
I got to be careful what I post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....
And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment