Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Okay Buna....Please, No, Just No....

So, the phone rang this morning at....4AM....

" Mr. Thomas, I read that you get up to pray." " And I need some help." ( I'd been up for a while, and was in prayer to the Divine.)

Bail money was the first thing that came to mind.

No, they had read the funny I had posted about the brooms and the "witchcraft " involved in the action. And that I needed to run some sort of intervention. ( Mr. Taucer of course was quick to remind us that it actually involves the Laws of Physics)( In truth it was a coin toss on the comment, I was going to say something about the English Department, but I decided to save them for later)

It seems the person on the call thinks a family member is possessed. And 'hinted' about me somehow getting involved.

This call was from a person who "doesn't play."

I about had a heart attack.

So, we had discussion with the caller and in truth, I think the person in question needs some sort of psychological help. And told them where to  get the help.

So, people....The following.

1, Yes, I have books needed for an exorcism. But I do not plan to use them. I acquired them shortly after seminary when I was "continuing" my study. Doing an actual one is serious business. Mess up on of the words in Latin and you got trouble. Finally on this subject, I am not "Pure of Heart" in order to perform one.

2. Yes, I believe in supernatural, I still follow Pascal's Wager. Pascal of course was the seventeenth-century philosopher.... Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas he stands to receive infinite gains( Heaven )vs. infinite loss ( Hell). Your faith or lack of faith and what you believe is your business. Far be it for me to say anything about it, especially how I live my life. Most of the time I feel like I am just one step ahead.

3. I may have to change my phone number. Why are you people who have my phone number just giving it out to people? Just 3-4 of you get the number.

4. And unless someone has died or is about to die, don't call me a 4AM. Remember, I have a Mother who turns 90 later this year. Her health is my first concern at late calls. I know you're all upset, and certainly don't call at 4AM for something like bail, I'll tell you to just " Sit your ass."

5. I am not sure if I want comments on this. I'll have people mad, or be smart asses and the person who called, well, it was a serious call.

I told Shelby Church on Facebook the other day, my life goes from being "Dull as Ditchwater" to just "out of control" and it was a bit early to be "Out of control" this morning.

I got to be careful what I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...