Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Old Guy Moment #344 And I D#mn Near Died.

Again, stuff occurs we , well, I , don't understand. And I don't know.

It is your world, but I don't understand why people are wanting to know, the sex of their child while it's still floating around in the womb.

Oh, I know some of it is for "Shower" reasons, get those "pink" or " blue" gifts to correlate with the sex of the baby....

And these reveal parties? Come on man, you want to have a party, have a party. You want to tell everyone, send a group text. These parties are everyone is trying to "outdo" everyone else and well, someone is going to be killed in an explosion of either pink or blue at some point. 

We could have known, even in the stone age of medicine Reid's sex before he was born, but we chose not to, I think the entire radiation department at Medical Plaza Hospital, Fort Worth,  where Deb worked knew before we did. How someone did not "spill the beans" is one of those great mysteries?

We had two names picked out.

Of course, Ryan Reid.( We've never used the Ryan, he always goes by R. Reid on everything official, his choice)

And girl's name?

Margeaux Elizabeth

A little mystery in life things so much more interesting. 

So, there has been some question of my blood type for quite a while.

For years, I thought I was A+ until one of my dad's hospital stays had his blood test come back as A- and I had St. E re-test and sure enough negative factor. ( Mom is A+) ( Dad's US Army dog tag said A pos.  )

So, I bought one of those kits from Amazon and received it yesterday in the US Mail.

Knowing how I am about my blood.  I sat on the floor to do the test.  You can bleed to death, I can butcher a critter and not flinch, but me bleed, not good. Little known fact, I so wanted to become a butcher for a while in high school, I had talked a guy into hiring me at a shop, but Nooooo, I had to go to college...In retrospect, it turned out pretty good...

Well, I got so sick to my stomach in the process I buggered up the test. Don't know how I did it from a finger stick, had blood all over me, all over the floor. And I had to clean up that mess.

And because I know, well, me, I got a 2 kit order because, well, I just know me....

It's why I am a history major, not a nurse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...