Monday, February 3, 2020

PANIC!

So, someone smart aleck decided that I was some sort of expert on the Chinese medical policy and has decided to ask me to write on the Coronavirus.

Hell, just because I've been to China and have a Chinese daughter in law doesn't really make me an expert.

Let me remind you that you're in North America. The epidemic is in Asia.

I know we are now a global society and that stuff travels quicker than it did in 1918 when the Spanish Flu killed all sort of people all over the world including my great-great-grandmother, great-grandfather, great aunt in a period of 24 hours.

This is 100 years later. Medical science has advanced greatly. Even the Chinese are using Western medicine, not Chinese medicine to battle the virus. Heck, they built a hospital in 10 days for the virus in Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus.

The Chinese are quarantined all over the nation until Feb. 10th.  No one goes to work. Restaurants are closed. ( And trust me restaurants over there are sort of like playing Russian Roulette....Keep a stock of Imodium.)

1.4 billion people on quarantine.  Being enforced by the military.

It is having some effect here in the U.S. I noticed that the N95 masks have quadrupled in price on eBay. They are even being advertised as " Anti-Coronavirus"...)

Look, medical science  in this country is the best in the world. There are people working 24 hours a day.

Don't panic. I don't think we have anything to be worried about. ( I could be wrong, you never know.)

A lot of this is the media.

That said, keep your eye on what is going on.

Next blog----Super Bowl Halftime Show-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...