Monday, February 17, 2020

This Blog is For Single Men

I do not think I have ever written a blog for just single men before, and I doubt I have one for them ever again.

Then again, you never know what I may write on.

This past Friday, Valentine's Day, I got two stories from people who had witnessed these events first hand at restaurants.

One in this area, the other in a major metropolitan area of this state.

In both cases, it involved the man proposing to the woman.

First case, after the proposal, she told the guy, " We'll discuss this later."

The second one is more interesting. She told the boy, " No." Then she took the ring which was held out in proposal and put it into her purse. Like it was a gift anyway.

Okay guys, let me make a couple of suggestions.

I know you think this one is " The one" after only a few months of dating. And perhaps she is, I know, my wife and I knew after only a few months, but still, we waited. For over two years before we got engaged.

And we had discussed getting married. The topic had been discussed at length. It wasn't that the proposal came out of the blue. I think it was expected earlier, and well, I waited until I completed my degree.

Guys, before you go into a public space and make the proposal a spectacle. Know what answer you are going to get. Don't embarrass the lady in a restaurant or sports venue.

And I don't know why everything has to be a "public event" now.

BTW- Here is Texas state law on engagement rings. If she breaks off the engagement, she has to give back the ring, if he ends the engagement, she keeps the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...