Wednesday, May 20, 2020

G*d Damn Government

I am in a cussing mood. Have been for a week, maybe month plus.

Just that whole as I posted yesterday, " Please God, make me good....But not just yet." That Augustinian theology.

So, I read that the government government is starting to stop sending out 'cheques'( checks) to  people and are replacing them with debit cards.

We unlike most Americans who don't understand the concept generally "break even" come tax time. On purpose. We don't use the US Government as our "bank" during the year. We keep our money so we can use it during the year, or invest it,  and generally depending on deductions either paying or getting back, within $200 dollars one way or another. The last 2 years, we got money back, in the form of a government check.

And because we don't trust the government, they don't have our direct deposit. So, we are waiting for our Covid-19 stimulus check.

And I had decided to put this into an account for future travels. At some point, we're going back to the UK. Sorry, until I get totally crippled and that day is coming quickly, I am going to England, Ireland, and Scotland. Just something about eating a Full English or having a pint in a pub .....In Britain.

This was until we notice this.....The government is now starting to pass out " Debit Cards" instead checks that can be converted to " cash Murican money."

https://www.wltz.com/2020/05/20/treasury-sending-stimulus-pay-in-debit-cards/

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/05/19/stimulus-debit-cards-visa-money-checks-payments-unemployment-coronavirus-covid-cnn/

Now, they are saying the checks are not to be traced, but do you really trust them not to do so? Spending $1200 at Longhorn Liquor? If I was a single man, $1200 at Sally's Happy Times Ranch in Nevada.

Or as I would be tempted to do, spend $1200 on a suit on Savile Row in London. ( Can get an entry level made to order suit for £1000) (Jeff Banks has some really cool fabrics. )

But why is it the damn government's business how I spend my check? And trust me, even though they are not supposed to, some pencil pusher is going to be checking where it goes.

Dollar says, we get a debit card at the Compound...

Fuck the damn gubmint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...