Saturday, May 23, 2020

Gretchen Scoggins

For those of you who did not know, Gretchen Scoggins is retiring this year.

I'll be honest, it doesn't seem possible. It just seems like she started with us in Buna ISD, well, no time ago.

But the years fly by. Hell, I will start year 10 retired in August. And this may or may not shock, you while at times, I miss the kids, but the rest of the bull, well, I do not. And now, my job is, " What do I want to do today?" " Who do I get to piss off?" And some of you take the bait.....And I just string you along.....Good times......

But  again, I digress.

I know, Mr. Taucer and I have about 200 " Gretchen Scoggins stories" and it'd take us about 2 days to tell them, but the circumstances of the age keeps us from doing a " Scoggins' Retrospective."

I'm not going to tell you, but Buna's History Chair and Science Chair were more than a little sad when she went into administration at another school district. 

And she retires working in the " Big House" at Lumberton ISD. ( She's Coordinator of Special Programs/ Communication)  

Enjoy retirement my friend. You've earned it. It's the best job you'll ever have.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...