Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Former Students in Jail...And I Catch Hell from It

Some of you are just unhappy people. Just unhappy. I do not know what you really want.

I received a couple of ugly messages about my blog yesterday, and especially my post on FB about a couple of former students and the amount of time they were going to do.

It's called " News" when I post things like ex-students going to prison for 'X' amount of time.

And I know it upsets you when you read things like that because you are friends with or you are relatives of the people in the either the blog or the post on FB.

I know Barbara at the Beacon catches hell from time to time just publishing news because it involves someone related or liked by a large number in the community.

It is protected by the First Amendment.

Some of you think that because it involves someone you know, it shouldn't be posted/published. And get mad when it is made known. 

I know some of you think the the 27 Amendments to the Constitution only apply to you, or people who think like you, but they apply to all 300+ million people living within the boundaries of the United States and their territories.

Hell, some of you only think 2 or 3 of the Amendments apply to anyone period.

Some of you think the " Freedom of Religion" should only apply to Christians. Or only Protestants. Not every other religion. It saddens you to think it applies to every other religion under the sun, or even those with no religion. 

We went over this in my 'gubmint' class. I should have known you'd have trouble with the 27 Amendments after the pitiful performance you turned in during the exam.

I know some of you are upset, and I was actually quite fond of both ex-students in class. Neither gave me a minute's trouble in class. One is extremely bright and could've been anything. 

You never know. I know I have told this story before, I have an ex-student from the Houston area who shot and killed a woman robbing her home. His first parole hearing is in 2036, and already, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles have written by that hearing, it is to be denied. This same guy was President of the School's " Youth for Christ" organization on campus.

Sorry folks, going to publish stuff that's going to upset you. The Beacon, The Empty-Prize, The Ft Worth Startle Gram, The Houston Comical, all are going to post stuff you do not like. Get out of that bubble you are sitting in. People you know are going to do stuff you'll find embarrassing.

Or you think " They'll never do that" even after they make a plea of guilty saying that they did...






No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...