Thursday, June 25, 2020

Got to Go to School...20-21?

I seriously wonder if we're having school this year. I really do.

The Texas Education Agency delayed posting the rules for schools to re-open this week for the coming year.

I know the TEA has few mandatory health rules for the coming year.

I wonder, are they hoping for a "herd " immunity? Question is, they are they
 for sure that there is such a thing with Covid-19.  And there are more 17-18 year olds catching the illness with people that age having to be hospitalized, and are dying. 17-18, those are high school people. 

Already I heard two biologists, doctors talk about the herd mentality not working in the case of this illness. After a certain time period, we lose immunity.  This is not a 'normal' illness.

I wonder, will we just open Texas schools and "Hope for the best?"

That said, if 1% of Texas students get seriously ill, that would be 50,000 kids.

I wonder, if we lose that many kids, it is worth us opening classes for the economy?

I wonder what will happen when older teachers get sick?

This morning I heard from a teacher in the Houston area who posed the question..."My district has said secondary will do a and b days to half capacity with an additional online only option. What do you think is gonna happen with teacher employment with the TEA regs doing eff all?"

I got no answer. 

That said, I understand why a bunch of teachers are retiring. Or going into other fields. 

I know, I would wear a mask if I was still teaching....And would make you wear one. Don't care what your momma or daddy says, you can sit your ass in the hall and take notes. Wear the mask in class... I always went to Buna thinking and expecting it was my last damn day everyday anyways. I literally was shocked I made it to retirement.

I wonder at what cost we'll have school this year?






No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...