Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Lacrimosa



I am going to go off the top of my head, I grew up around this, and am 'sandwiched' between two music majors.
In 1791 an Austrian Count commissioned Mozart to write a Requium Mass for the anniversary of his wife's death. She was 22, he was 28. He never married again.
One of the pieces in the Mass was Lacrimosa, or " Weeping" in Latin.

Lacrimosa dies illa
Qua resurget ex favilla
Judicandus homo reus.
Huic ergo parce, Deus:
Pie Jesu Domine,
Dona eis requiem. Amen.

Full of tears will be that day
When from the ashes shall arise
The guilty man to be judged;
Therefore spare him, O God,
Merciful Lord Jesus,
Grant them eternal rest. Amen.

I can't think of a better piece to play in the events of today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...