Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Alright Church People....Explain This

In the last 2 days, it has come to light that churches are applying for and receiving money from the Small Business Administration. ( US Treasury) for the Paycheck Protection Program ( PPP).

This were loans, that could be forgiven, that were established so small businesses could continue to pay their employees.

Church like the First Baptist Church of Dallas, First Baptist Church of Arlington, TX, along with Catholic, Episcopal, Assembly of God, churches in the Dallas area received these PPP loans to pay employees. 

First Baptist-Dallas is on record receiving between $2-5 million dollars for PPP.

When did these churches become " businesses?"

If they are "businesses" why don't they pay taxes?

It's not just Christian churches, the Scientology Centers in several cities including New York City received these loans.

You know, I came through and was in that world for a while. I couldn't look at myself in the face any more. Money for nothing in many cases. ( Oh I know you're Preacher and earns his money)

I am of the old Pauline view of preachers and work. St. Paul earned a living as a tent maker.

When we are giving government money so the preacher, worship leader can keep his payments up on his Long-wheel-based Jaguar XJ in British Racing Green....Well, no, just no.....( There's a minister in the area who drives one, you'll have to find out who...)

Call yourself a business, pay taxes like a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...