Friday, July 10, 2020

Conspiracy Theory?

A conspiracy theory?

So, the older I get the less I believe in these. I have heard about these theories for years, and most, well they're bullshit.

But this makes you wonder.

It seems there is a shortage of coins in America, and it is due to according to the experts, Covid-19.

A combination of the US Mint being shut down and people just not spending coinage like they had in the past. And banks can't get coins from the Fed. So, businesses can get coins.

Some stores are requiring you use either credit or debit card, even checks, rather than cash, or if you use cash, don't expect exact change( coin) or coins returned in general.

Now, I buy stuff still from time to time with cash, but have not been told or seen signs, " No Coins will be returned."

And I like a lot of men, throw my coins at the end of the day into a coffee can, so I can cash them in for free later for travel money at the coin machine at our credit union.

It is a nationwide problem.

Philadelphia 

Boston

Detroit 

Charlotte, NC 

Albuquerque, NM  

I am wondering, is this an attempt to go 'cashless?'

I know, we are to the point even when we travel overseas, we don't need cash, even in China. We use plastic. It is taken worldwide.  ( The Chinese take the Discover Card)

I know in places like Denmark, they are ending paper money/coins. 

We wind up spending all the money we exchanged the day before we come home.

Heck, I still have Hong Kong Bank, Bank of Scotland, Bank of England, Chinese RMB in my wallet. Just did not need them.

I wonder, how much trouble have you had getting coins back in change?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...