Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Question & Question for the Ladies

So the first question is this....

Is the sock drawer from the following



A. GQ Magazine

B. Esquire, the fashion forum

C. Julian Kaye ( American Gigolo, the first 10 minutes with Richard Gere being bought clothes by a " customer" and he picking out the clothes to wear together are perhaps my favorite 10 minutes in ANY movie. I did that when I was still teaching...often. Would have 3-4 outfits on the bed deciding which one to wear just like Julian. )   

D. The Govteach's sock drawer

Of course, the answer is D. I have two drawers like this. Fop, Dandy, whatever, I want to out-dress you head to toe....I am looking on Hockertey's website as I write this for a grey " Quinton" tweed suit for Fall. Look like a professor of PPE( Politics, Economics, Philosophy) at some university....Wear it to a wedding I have in October.

The other day,  one of the dozen or so men's dress sites re-posted this meme.

A well tailored suit 
    is to women
what lingerie is to men

I don't know ladies if this is true.

Then again, there are a lot of "older" women who "talk" to me when I am dressed like a "Philadelphia Lawyer" as my late grandma used to say.

I thought the were just being nice.

Then again, in seminary we had a class in which we were told to watch ourselves around females. There are females who "LOVE" preachers."

I say say that women " my age" are " awful nice." 

But I am naive, very naive concerning the " fairer " sex as Edwardian England would say. 

I would would be single if my wife had not asked me out. ( First date? Sonic on Washington Blvd after the Lamar football game. Chili -cheese Tater tots and "cokes") I classes it up on the second date to old Patrizi's maybe the "classiest " restaurant back in the 1970s.

So ladies, the question is this, and I know, most of my readers are in SE Texas, which is a bit different from the rest of the state...Hell the country....SE Texas is still fairly " rural."

Is a man in a well tailored suit that sexy?













No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...