Thursday, August 13, 2020

The NRA

 I was a member of the National Rifle Association longer than most of you have been alive. 

About 3 years ago, I stopped paying my dues to the organization and it had been coming over about 15 years of time. 

You see I am a member of both the Gun Owners of America( GOA) and the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Rights. (The Jewish organization was formed by concentration camp survivors, both were in Auschwitz during World War 2.   They believe you should be able to own any firearm....Both GOA and the Jews don't play with firearms rights.)

Over the last 25 years the NRA has become a spokesman, not of the gun owner, but the gun maker. And only in certain areas of the US. It no longer represents all members.

Several years ago the NRA became the person piggy bank of the NRA leadership. 

Including giving a retiring leader a $13 million dollar bonus and a paycheck every year for his 'leadership.'

They spent million's of the NRA money not on gun owners but private planes for travel, and limos. 

Probably the straw that broke the camel's back was the money spent on suit, using NRA by Wayne LaPierre. 

From 2004-2017 he spent $300,000 dollars on suits, using NRA money. 

His favorite suit? 

Zegna. 

Zegna suits run from $3000 to 5000 dollars. 

Sorry, grown ass men shouldn't be wearing Italian suits. 

There are 3 major types of suit types men wear in America. 

British, American, Italian. Sorry, but Italian are for younger men. Not serious business type people who say... as it was said "N.R.A. is not fancy Italian shoes with thousand-dollar suits. N.R.A. is the backbone of this country, wearing bluejeans and boots.”

Now I like a good suit. 

I wear one often in public. 

But, I had not spent other people's money amounting to $39,000 one day in Beverly Hills on Zenga suits.  

So, I know people were upset when the state of New York sued the NRA for malfeasance of funds. I was not shocked. 

I was also disappointed with the Attorney General of Texas offered the NRA the ability to 'set up shop' here in Texas. I assume he is okay with the NRA using donations as their personal piggy bank. 

The NRA is no longer doing what it tells us it is trying to do.....Sorry, just isn't.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...