Monday, August 17, 2020

Remainder of 2020

 I am going to try and make some predictions for the remainder of 2020....Some of the predictions will be silly, some serious....Please, no waging on which is which.

August-

-There will be 3 to 7 named storms in the Gulf.( August to end of season) I am staying except for a Cat. 5. May just lash myself to the big sweetgum tree that has made it through all the other storms, and play a Lt. Dan and cuss all deities, including all 33 million gods in Hinduism. 

-I will survive another birthday

Sept-

-Worst "love bug" season in a decade

- I will not watch a football game this year. I no longer give a damn who wins or loses. 

- Some schools go back online, more than expected

- Hotter than normal Sept. 

Oct-

-We finally get a meaningful cold front.

- Halloween which is normally the second largest holiday in America will lose 50% of their normal sales of items.

- The economy is still poor

- I will start training to become an opera singer. 

- I have a couple of major weddings to perform, one of which, I am actually anxious about

Nov-

- I am very serious here. Be prepared. The election probably will not be decided that night( Nov. 3). It might be days.....perhaps weeks before we learn who won.....At least 50% of the population will be unhappy with the result, and I dread what will happen next. ( I am going to write a blog on this topic soon.)

- I am afraid Covid will return for a serious second act.

- Thanksgiving will different. A shortage of turkeys, cranberries, cornbread dressing. The only thing that will be in abundance will be fruit salad and that got damn green bean casserole. I wouldn't feed that casserole stuff to Mattison, Bunky or Tara...

Dec-

-Everyone will be ready for this year to end

- Santa won't leave the North Pole

- This holiday season will sound the "death knell" for major retailers. JCP, Sears.....Others will be hurt. There will be a decrease in holiday spending again, around 40%.

- During the holidays we will have our first major arctic cold front in year.  A pipe buster, with it staying below freezing for several days. 

Seriously, I am ready for 2021....We got to hope for something better...



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....

 And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...