Monday, September 28, 2020

And Back....

 So, made a trip to Llano to my brother's this weekend to celebrate my Mom's 90th birthday. All relations, living and dead were there, or should have been. 

Yes, it was painful on the back. 

Yes, I drove a little, but mostly, Deb drove, as I was under the influence of a number of pills and potions to kill or mask the back pain. 

Yes, we hit Buc-ees...And I blame Jaime Scott-Moore for this one, I got a Black Cherry soda fountain drink with real cane sugar at most of the stops.( You've got to try the Buc-ee fountain drinks with real sugar) Also, a couple of times, the pecan kolache.....or sausage kolache, sometimes both... 

So, I have got to hand it to our local weather people, well, 3 of the local weather people. They actually are better than Austin's weather people. Austin's people care more about "looking good" than tell us the weather. 

Now news, that is another story. 

I know the rumor is Greg Kerr is no longer with Channel 6, and not sure why he resigned all of a sudden, but out local news is awful, just awful. It is like they don't want to tell any local news for fear of offending people.  Our local news is pretty much, killings, wrecks, bad traffic, link sales, and then they rehash the national news which was just on 10 minutes ago from ABC, CBS, etc. 

Heck, the news in Tyler is better than the mess coming out of Beaumont. 

And for the longest KFDM didn't even have sports. 

Was glad to see my nephews involved in everything, as they are in a 3A school district. Band, athletics, academics. You know, in a 5A and 6A school you just can't do everything like you can in smaller districts. You Buna people know that. 

And of course, being in Llano, we got to eat a lot of smoked meats. Try Inman's BBQ when you are in Llano.  And be sure and get the jalapeño sausages.

So, I was asked by a couple of people where I was, and here is the answer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...