Monday, September 14, 2020

Mr. Thomas Winds up in Hell?

 So this morning I decided I better check and see if I was still licensed/ ordained as a minister. 

Seriously.

 In many denominations, you are ordained/ licensed/, you are good, for life, sort of like the old school teacher's certificate in Texas.  ( I have an old school teacher's cert. in history and composite social studies. I am a certified Texas teacher "FOREVER")

But, I am in a couple of different denominations that require work to keep up with their ordination unlike the Southern Baptists. 

So, I checked.....

I am " Good to go."

Seminary attendance/alumni-ship  has its privileges. 

 Seriously. 

I am ordained and licensed in the State of Texas.  

I only need one or the other. 

In both I am in good standing. 

I have a wedding in  COUPLE 3 WEEK WEEKS I AM ANXIOUS TO PERFORM.  Very anxious. A couple I am quite fond of.....Win district in UIL Current Events for me, and I will love you forever. 

Forever. 

It was that important to me.

Got to remember I was UIL Academic Director at Buna for many years.

Believe it or not I can discuss Reform theology " at length " with you. I went to St. Giles in Edinburgh , Scotland just to see John Knox's grave. The founder of Scottish Calvinism. Even though I have a problem with Calvinism. ( Four of the 5 Tulip points, I still believe in " once saved, always saved." The elect, well,why try? Seriously? Go to ANY seminary you'll understand the 5 points or Tulip)

I worry however.....Was I actually supposed to be in Buna all those years?

I have a new suit for the wedding and will look like I am a Tory member of the English Parliament circa, 1939. May as well be the Minister for Scotland. 

Hell, even have a Churchillian tie for that period. 

Pocket watch chain and all. Silver like Churchill. I even have a tartan tie that represents that I am a " minister."( Those darn Scots have ties that represent some strange stuff)

Then again, I have the Geneva robe and stole and can look like a high-church member of the Church of Scotland...Did God intend me to spend most of my working career in Buna HS at the high school? 

Or was I supposed to do something in the ministerial area instead?  

Maybe I was never predestined? Or foreordained? 

Just things the ole " Govteach" thinks about at night.

 

 


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...