Wednesday, September 30, 2020

We're Done, Just Done

 I watched what I could of the debate from last night. 

It was pretty much indicative of America today. Just yelling at each other and no one listening. 

We are so divided I don't see us getting back together. I really don't. And if your side wins, 50% of America isn't happy. 

We just hate each other so much I see no hope. And neither side wants to listen to the other. 

I think the thing that upset me was the non-condemnation of the KKK-like organizations in this country. Sorry, but I at some point will have Chinese grandchildren. And I don't want them to face an addition hatred just because they will not be " lily white." I'm sorry condemning the Klan and Klan like organizations is a " no brainer."

I was UIL Academic Director and part of academic teams include C/X and L-D Debate. I have even judged L-D Debates. Last night, the debate looked nothing like any standard debate. It looked like the Simpsons episode in which Grandpa Abe Simpson debated Grandpa Abe Simpson. And the caption was " Two Old Guys yell at Each other." 

This is not going to end well. 

I am telling you, we might be on that downward spiral we can't come back from. 

I am thinking it might be someone else's turn to lead and that might turn out to be China.  

I am sorry we're in trouble. And America doesn't mean the same thing to all Americans. Sorry, it just doesn't. And I really don't know what is going to become of us. 

Sorry, but if something doesn't change the US is no longer going to stand.....I don't know, as I have said, perhaps our time is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...