Thursday, October 8, 2020

Thanksgiving/ Christmas Changes this Year? Or No Holidays?

 I was reading a couple of articles this morning on the upcoming holiday season and it is fast approaching. 

I wonder how many people will " get together" this year. 

I know my wife's family have been discussing what they are going to do this year. Where they might hold it, not exchange gifts, (I'm okay with that gift business. I am to the point in my life, if there is something I really want I go online and order it.) Hell, I don't really want to go anyway. Just postpone it would be okay in my book.

Again, this is a different year. 

-It seems that 70% of holiday hosts worry about people getting sick at their event.

- 4 in 10 plan a virtual holiday. ( I like that even better. Have " Computer problems" when you've had " enough." of whoever on the other end of the line.)

- 30% will take guests temps. 

- 54% will enforce " Social Distancing" at their parties...( I like that just fine, I didn't want to hug your neck anyway.)

- 37% only one person cook all the food....( Big pot of gumbo and call it even.)

- 27% say they are holding the event outside....Might work here, might not. I've seen hot holidays and 32F holidays.

This comes on the largest mall holder in America putting Santa either behind a glass or inside a snow globe at their malls.( 135  malls will be doing this)

I don't know. I'd like to see the kids at Christmas. We might " Pile in on them" after the actual holiday. Probably will be me on Christmas going over to grandma's...Grandma always makes a huge breakfast on Christmas. And I am all about pork products.

I don't know, there have been Christmases I have liked, others that sucked to high heaven and they suck ones are more frequent recently. They bore the shit out of me.  I guess they always have. I have always gone in a separate car so when I've 'had enough' I can slip out and head back to the house. Maybe I am just getting old. 

But in the end.....What a strange time we live it. 

Are you making any changes this year? Or just plowing ahead? Or like most of us, not a "damn clue?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...