Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Charlie Brown a Member of the KKK?

 So, no one is happy. 

No one.

We're just looking for stuff to bitch about.

In Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving Special, which was first shown on CBS back in 1973. ( By the way, the Thanksgiving Special was not part of my childhood. It premiered when I was a Junior in High School. Oh I remember it, but it is not as "classic" as the Christmas Special. I barely remember watching it in high school and I think I have seen the Thanksgiving Special one other time before I saw it the other night on PBS.)

The unhappiness comes from Franklin, the Black kid, sitting at the Thanksgiving table, by himself, across from everyone else. 

Heck, Franklin had the best seat in the house. He can speak to everyone, plus, he has plenty of room. It would be the seat I would want. 

And if you notice, Charlie Brown is sitting by himself in the station wagon going to grandma's,( A station wagon, who has one now? Perhaps we might come closest with Deb's Subaru Outback? But it's more of a crossover.) and Peppermint Patty, Charlie Brown's love interest sits with Franklin. ( Don't tell me Peppermint Patty is a lesbian. She's bit of a tomboy sure, but in high school she'd crawl into the backseat down a lonely parking spot with Charlie Brown in a heartbeat....and you know plenty of tomboys who would crawl in a backseat with a boy they like in a heartbeat...I figure Charlie Brown winds up married to Patty and 20 years later and 4 kids he asks, " What the hell happened?")

But all upset about Franklin? Come on, we're just looking for shit to bitch about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...