Saturday, November 7, 2020

God Save the Republic

 Apparently, some of you did not understand my meaning of this from my earlier post on Facebook this morning. 

It is a play of the British saying after the King or Queen of England has passed away and there is a new monarch. ( Ever the Anglophile, Covid kept us from Britain this year, and probably best.)

" God Save the King" ( Or God Save the Queen)

Unless something dramatic occurs, we will have a change in the White House. 

And I know some of you do not understand this when I say this. 

I've been a Republican since, well, since before most of you were born. I voted for Gerald R. Ford in '76. 

I cried when Reagan gave his " Shining City on the Hill " speech.( From Pilgrim John Winthrop, you need to read him.) Something I strongly believe in. Come one, come all. Become an American no matter your race or creed. " If the city had walls, the wall had doors for those with the will and heart to get here." I am sorry, this place is big enough for anyone who wants to come and be an American. ( I still consider myself a Reagan Republican)

Some of you in the present supporters of the " present" administration  don't " get that." 

Maybe it is because I have taught kids of all races and creeds in my life. I still am in contact with a follower of Hinduism from a teaching position I had in the Houston area.  

Maybe it is because I now have a Chinese daughter in law and her parents can't even come and visit because they are Chinese. ( They ain't staying. They love China, they are not moving here. It is strange I  hold a Visa to pretty much stay in China and they cannot even get to come and visit.) 

I am tired of the hated from the White House from a man who couldn't be a minister or a deacon in the church I grew up in. Hell, he couldn't be a minister the the church with historic ties to the Church of Scotland I am presently an licensed/ordained minister in. (And they are pretty tolerate.)

Am I worried about the President Elect? 

Hell, yeah. 

I own firearms and believe in a literal interpretation of the Second Amendment. 

Hell, I have a literal believe in all 27 Amendments. Even the 14th, which some people have trouble with. 

You want to continue with Trump with all of his ugliness, his hatred. This is what you get. A defeat. Sorry, it is the result. ( I have never understood the Trumpism support. Reminds me too much of 1933 Germany.....Sorry Trump supporters. Outside the Tudor-Stuart England, Victorian England, I spent a large part of my life studying Nazi Germany, and it is scary. Very Scary. And I don't understand how you don't see it happening here.....Unless you deep down want a version here. Sorry if I often you, but I've spent a large party of my life studying dictatorships and absolute monarchies. And you scare the shit out of me. So much, I have seriously looked at moving to Ireland more than once.)

I am praying my GOP can come up with the next Reagan in 2024. 

As I end this post I must say...

God Save the Republic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...