Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Okay, You Can Ask But, the Answer is Still " No"

 In the past month, I've been asked by a number of people to do wedding they are planning or now for the guys, " they can't get out of." 

And unless my calendar has something else, my answer is " Yes." 

So, on Sunday, I pulled out my old " waste of a divinity school" education out of mothballs and did a semi-sermon. 

Well, apparently a couple of people were so impressed they suggested I set up some sort of " ministry." 

I can just about imagine what kind of "outlaw" ministry that would be. It'd make the stuff the late Gene Scott did look like " Ned in the 3rd grade reader." Look up Gene. " Get on the telephone."

I'd do stuff like have a "craft beer" and "Scotch Whisky, Irish Whisky tasting" just to make the Baptists and Pentecostals mad. 

I'd give a month long sermon series on the Song of Solomon explaining in a nutshell that " God really wants you to enjoy sex." 

Communion would have real wine and we'd do a series on "Is it actually Christ's blood and body?" In the Greek Jesus is saying it really is. Hell, in seminary we had a discussion on Consubstantiation and Transubstantiation.....in the end, I'd let you make up your own mind. 

I'd keep them guessing what I'd wear. Most of the time, a suit and tie, but on special occasions like Christmas, I might get a rig to rival the Archbishop of Canterbury's. 

I'd have a hard to allowing people under high school age into the services. Too rough a talk sometimes. 

No, I am on a razor's edge now avoiding Hell, and if it wasn't that whole Ephesians 2:8, well, let me put it this way, it's my favorite verse. 

Thanks for asking, but I don't need to go there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...