Monday, November 2, 2020

Thank You Jesus, This Shit is About Over.....

Or is it?

Tomorrow is the " Big election" or as the late radio personality Don Imus would say, the " Big Erection" showing his disdain for politics. 

After teaching government/economics/history most of my adult life, I am convinced that Imus was correct. It is nothing but bullshit. 

I seriously doubt we will know who the winner is when we go to bed tomorrow night. Or when we awake on Wednesday morning. Too many states with too many different ways to count their votes. Don't bitch about it. That's the way we've done it in this nation for 244 years. 

Then again, we might know by 10PM CT. But I doubt it. 

I am seriously looking at getting a bottle of " Good Scotch" for tomorrow's results. Hell, we may all need a drink tomorrow night.  Yes, I know, I am now an Irish Whiskey fan now, as the Irish call whiskey, the " Water of Life"( Uisce Beatha) but you know, a bottle of Scotch just seems right for the occasion. 

Tomorrow night if we know the winner of the election in Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, we might know the winner very soon, if it boils down to Pennsylvania, well, because they have days to count their mountain of mail-in ballots, well, it will be days before we know the outcome of the election. If you want to know about what time all 50 states will have their votes counted, look at this link.

I don't know who is going to win, and neither do you. The polls have been right, and the polls have been wrong. 

Hell, I don't trust the exit polls from the voting sites at this point.

I worry that people will go " nuts" because their candidate did not win. The aftermath is very worrisome. If you try and change the vote because you candidate didn't win, well, we are no longer what the United States has always stood for. As I have said, when I was teaching, don't like the outcome? In 2 or 4 years, we'll have another election. Work to make sure your candidate wins the next time around. 

Don't fall for the idea " We were cheated" and you go nuts. Thinking that somehow drive through voting and mail in ballots are somehow evil. The present person in the executive office voted mail-in for years. Also, I am not a fan of the electoral college, but it is how we've decided elections again for 244 years. Don't revolt, instead, lead a convention to "do away" with the college. In the opinion of this writer, it need to be a vote decided on a popular vote, not some archaic system developed 250 years ago to keep the 13 original colonies from becoming their own nations.  

Also, don't fall for the believe that land mass and people in rural areas are more valuable than people in urban/suburban areas. I've never understood that concept unless in reality there is a fear of minority people. If you are a person of faith, how could you rationalize that thinking to you maker? 

In Texas pay attention to the voting changes. How many votes will the Democrats receive in this state? Will there be a great influx of Democrats in the Texas House of Representatives? Will the national election be closer that expected? Is Texas slowly but surely growing purple? After the census is counted, will this area lose a rep in the Texas House? Sorry, but quickly, the State of Texas is no longer a rural state. Drive from San Antonio to Dallas- Forth Worth one day. Other than the Hillsboro-Itasca area, it is a massive urban region on I-35. And is growing by the day. 

Remember, 94 million Americans have already voted. I have voted already. If you have not, get your ass off the couch and go to your polling place. Vote dammit it, vote!

Again, I would not dream of guessing who will win tomorrow. And honestly, you do not know either. 

Also again, don't lose you mind if it takes several days( Hell weeks) to "call" the election one way or another. 

If you get all upset tomorrow night or in the days to come, stop watching the news. Watch something on Hulu, Netflix, or Prime. Find a show to marathon. Take a walk. Pet the dog. Hell, don't watch the results as they come in. They'll keep until later. 

I for one am glad the political ads for candidates will leave TV. Bring back  good old fashion ads for insurance, soap, and cars....

All the above and let me reiterate......I seriously wonder about the aftermath....How will the nation, especially  certain people react? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...