Monday, December 7, 2020

Flunking, Bigger Than Dallas

 That was the saying at a school I taught at in the Houston area when you were asked about your grades in a particular class. 

" Flunking, bigger than Dallas." 

It seems that more kids are going to get the letter grade F the first semester in '20-21 than ever. 

This is all over the country-

Houston and its suburbs-  

North Carolina-

California-  

Maryland-

It seems the kids just aren't doing the work at home. 

Lazy, can't get motivated, no one at home to "crack the whip" over them....Etc....Etc....

Damn Snowflakes......This is why I question homeschooling. Oh I know some of you are doing a pretty good job, but other parents, well, the little offspring are doing nothing.  

And in high school....Do you really understand how hard it is to fail a class? 

Let me re-phase this.....DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT WAS TO FAIL GOVERNMENT AND ECONOMICS WHEN I WAS TEACHING?  Miracles happened at the end of every semester.  

And yet, some of you accomplished it......And still blame me for YOUR failure. 

I seriously wonder how many parents are telling their kids, " Oh, you don't need to turn in that history, or English, or economics schoolwork."

And then are all upset because their Spawns of Satan flunk......Bigger than Dallas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...