Thursday, December 3, 2020

Pay Attention- Effective today, I Got New Rules

 So, as many of you know, I went to Orange today and discovered there is a Starbucks at I-10 at 16th. Normally I go down 62 to Old 90 and go to Orange, but today, I made the mistake of going through the NASCAR Road Track of construction. 

I had some dry cleaning. ( New suit) and hit Kroger's while in Orange. 

When I returned home, there was truck sitting in the drive at the Compound. Older Dodge. I immediately was concerned. As people like Paige and Tara will tell you, you got to make a pretty good decision to drive down my drive to my house. 

Come to find out, it was a couple wanting to get married. Older folks, in their 40s-50s.

Glad I went to town. I looked presentable. Looked like a professor in the history or English department of some smaller Midwestern college. Khaki pants, pull over sweater with elbow patches, tweed flat cap, Sperry Topsiders. I looked good...Academic....

Asked them in the house, and they declined, just wanted to get married quickly. I just so happened to have an old beat up copy of the " Book of Common Prayer" in my Honda. It has the vows. 

And we married them in the drizzle. 

And he asked me "How much do I owe you?" To which I replied "Whatever you think she is worth."

He gave me $15. 

Not $150.

$15. 

In $1 dollar bills. 

You can't make this up. I wonder what he'd done if I had said $200? 

So effective immediately. 

If you are an ex-student, family, friend, you're reading this on the blog....It is still free. Oh, I'd like a good bottle of Irish or Scotch in payment, but I know some of you might have a religious problem, and that is okay. But nothing is expected. Call it a ' wedding present.'

But if you are sending me someone to the house, it is $100.

And this is for people I do not know....

If I have to go to a church or someplace, it is $150. $250 if there is a rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...