Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Been a Long Time Boys and Girls

 It has been a long time since we've actually had a serious winter. Oh, it snowed 3-4 years ago, and looked nice, but it was gone within 24 hours. 

This morning we had an ice storm at the Compound here in Lemonville. The pines are white with ice. This is after the local Aggie " weather guessers" said we really shouldn't get much ice. 

I am hoping to make it through the next couple of days without any more trouble, or blackouts from Entergy. 

I am pretty aggravated at the utility companies. Millions of Texans are without power. And don't go blaming the wind turbines. They are less than 10% of electricity in Texas. Most of our power plants are run by natural gas. And these plants failed. Just were not ready for the freeze and many of them went out of service. 

I know Speaker Phelan is planning to hold hearing on the power outages, but it makes you wonder if anything will actually be done? 

Good thing is this, we only have weeks like this one every decade or so...My next one will be when I am 73...Who knows, maybe I'll miss it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...