Friday, February 12, 2021

My Goodness Gracious, Heaven's Sakes....

"My Goodness Gracious, Heaven's Sakes.... "

Quoting my Irish grandmother this morning. 

Man, who would have thought. 

Today is Chinese New Year's and as I posted earlier on FB, who would have known I would now know, and care?

We have even started to adopt certain Chinese traditions...Just sort of "snuck" in there. 

We now have "Lucky Bowls." " Lucky Spoons." " Lucky Cups." "Lucky Glasses." And refer to them as such. And use them before any thing else, heck, we'll wash them in the sink so we can use them next time.

I can now use chopsticks. 

I now regularly eat a bowl of noodles with chopsticks for lunch, a traditional Chinese lunch.

I now take my shoes off coming into anyone's house. 

We refuse to eat American-Chinese buffets, Panda Express, etc.....They suck and suck badly. Have real Chinese and you'll never go back.  

Five years ago I would have never dreamed....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...