Saturday, February 6, 2021

What the Hell Happened?

 When I was a young man, I had subscriptions to both GQ and Esquire magazine. 

Both went through an evolutionary process, especially Esquire with it floating back and forth between being a " girly" magazine. 

I stopped my subscription during one of its incarnations as a "girly" book. I'm married, I am not out chasing " strange tail." 

I bought both magazines because they taught you how to dress. 

I visit both websites, well all three websites from time to time including the " British" version of GQ. 

Most of the time the "Best Dressed" person looks like, well, a bum. Sorry they just do. 

If anyone is really dressed up in the magazines, they are now dressed up going to some of an awards ceremony, and even there, many look like they just " Rolled out of bed." 

I know the world is changing, I expect it to do so, but damn, how sloppy can we get?

Someone this morning was lamenting the fact we all don't need college degrees. Again, this anti-intellectual movement presently sweeping this country....But don't we need people with college degrees in this nation?  I know some of you think you don't need a degree to teach the "Big Four" academic classes, English, Math, Science, History, but it makes you wonder, just what the hell these people know? ( Vocational classes we understand don't need 4 year degrees, but they should have sort of work internship to teach, at least in the vocational field they are teaching.) I don't know, my son now has 2 master's and when they moved to College Station had several places bidding for his service.

But I digress.....

I just wonder how damn sloppy we can get in this country.... But this comes from a man who want to go back to Hong Kong and get a couple of suits made.




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...