Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Again Kirbyville ISD?

 It seems like just when the eyes were off of KISD with troubles being brought up at Buna High, KISD could not help themselves. 

It seems that kids in the athletic department have been "Over disciplined." 

And the kids were getting swats for either failing to lift a certain amount of weights, or were paddled for not lifting the weights in a correct manner. 

Whipped not for being bad, but for failing in an athletics related activity. 

Including according  KJAS radio "cell phone photo surfaced showing half-inch whelps and bruising on the buttocks of one of the athletes."( Other students, all male, had visible injuries.)

40 years ago if you left whelps or bruising, you got fired. I saw it happen at Dayton High. A teacher and an administrator both lost their jobs. And this involved only one kid. 

I don't know. I see people( plural) being fired. 

I see KISD writing checks. 

I even see people going to jail and losing their teacher's certificate. 

In the real world, you hit someone leaving whelps and bruising, you are charged with assault. 

And I am not against getting "licks" but you know, they're a fine line, especially if you are giving licks for you not achieving an athletic endeavor.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...