Sunday, March 21, 2021

Got to Thinking about Buna High This Morning

 Before I hit the floor and got up, I got to thinking about my time at Buna ISD.

And I've said this before, when David Hicks hired me I planned to be " One and done." 

It was just a stop gap position. 

Was " Outta here" at the end of the school year. 

Little did I know by the end of the year I decided to " Try one more year." 

By the end of my second year, I was a "lifer." 

You know, the Calvinists are right about some things. Some stuff is just "foreordained."  You know, I couldn't see myself anyplace else for most of my career. ( Besides, Government/Economic teaching jobs are "Plum Positions."  Look up the "Plum Book" for an explanation.)

Thanks for letting me teach y'all. It was an honor. 

 KDT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...