Friday, July 30, 2021

Quitter?

 So, I have been reading about the Olympic gymnast who quit right before her routine and both sides of the argument....

She's a hero for putting her mental health first....

She's a quitter for quitting on both the country and her teammates. 

I don't know. 

For years we had soldier go into a shell in combat. Just mentally could not take it, and for years afterwards, they suffer with PTSD. 

George Patton didn't believe in it and slapped the hell out of a soldier in Italy for being shell shocked. 

I saw a teacher receive a call from Teacher Retirement and find out they could get their pension walk out of a graduation ARD meeting because they had " enough."

I don't know. 

I so wanted to quit in the middle of Spring 2011 after I had made those retirement "points." 

And it wasn't the kids. I had enough with most of the teachers. I think I could stand about 4 teachers at that point.  I was an outsider my time at Buna and many of the Bunaites let me know I was. 

I literally was looking for reasons to quit. Mentally, I was whipped.  Part of it was I taught in a couple of districts in which we had teachers quit in the middle of the school day. (You people in Buna don't know how lucky you have it. You really don't.) 

I know I seriously almost quit 5 times that Spring. I am glad I didn't.......and made 2011 graduation, only to slip out during the process to avoid me crying afterward from shear relief.

I do know one thing, this will be on the gymnast's "resume" the rest of her life. Just like Red Sox's Bill Bucker's error in the World Series, Roberto Duran saying " No Mas" in a fight and quitting, she'll be known for this and it will be in her obituary.



 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....

 And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...