Friday, July 30, 2021

Quitter?

 So, I have been reading about the Olympic gymnast who quit right before her routine and both sides of the argument....

She's a hero for putting her mental health first....

She's a quitter for quitting on both the country and her teammates. 

I don't know. 

For years we had soldier go into a shell in combat. Just mentally could not take it, and for years afterwards, they suffer with PTSD. 

George Patton didn't believe in it and slapped the hell out of a soldier in Italy for being shell shocked. 

I saw a teacher receive a call from Teacher Retirement and find out they could get their pension walk out of a graduation ARD meeting because they had " enough."

I don't know. 

I so wanted to quit in the middle of Spring 2011 after I had made those retirement "points." 

And it wasn't the kids. I had enough with most of the teachers. I think I could stand about 4 teachers at that point.  I was an outsider my time at Buna and many of the Bunaites let me know I was. 

I literally was looking for reasons to quit. Mentally, I was whipped.  Part of it was I taught in a couple of districts in which we had teachers quit in the middle of the school day. (You people in Buna don't know how lucky you have it. You really don't.) 

I know I seriously almost quit 5 times that Spring. I am glad I didn't.......and made 2011 graduation, only to slip out during the process to avoid me crying afterward from shear relief.

I do know one thing, this will be on the gymnast's "resume" the rest of her life. Just like Red Sox's Bill Bucker's error in the World Series, Roberto Duran saying " No Mas" in a fight and quitting, she'll be known for this and it will be in her obituary.



 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...