Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Texas Runaway Democrats

 So, as you know, the Democrats in the Texas House/Senate have "escaped" to Washington DC.

Let's talk a little about what can and can't be done. 

A quorum of course is the number of people needed to conduct business in the legislative body. 

Yes, the remaining members in the Texas House can ask for them to be arrested. Gov. Abbott has no power to arrest in this case. It come from the remaining members of the Texas House.

Has this been done before? Hell, when I was in college a group of Texas Senate members hid out to avoid the change in primary voting dates. They were nicknamed the " Killer Bees." 

Can they be arrested in Washington DC? No, they can only be detained in Texas, as long as they stay out of the state, quorum not will be be achieved. 

How long will they stay gone? I am guessing that they will be gone 30 days to make a point. I say that, one may "have enough and come home breaking the "runaway."

They're employees of the state...Yes, and no....They are actually working for their constituents in their district. And I am sure they are fine with what they are doing....and beside Members of the Texas House and Senate only make $7200 a year. It's really not enough for them to stay in Austin during the biennial session. 

The arrest, are they actually charged with a "crime." It's not a crime as such, the Sergeant-at-Arms is in charge of the "arrest." They can appoint other officers to make the person come to the House and the entire House can be locked in the hall. 

Why the Democrats? Well, in Oregon, which is a majority Democratic state, the Republicans run out of state all the time in order to not have a quorum. 

How this going to end? Hell, who knows.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

    He’s waiting to help you.


    HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING Illness;

    If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and

    Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Stroke, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...