Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Economics Lesson- Nov. 9, 2021

So, several things came across the radar this morning as I was reading the newspapers online.

First, and this might be something we consider here. There is a suggestion in Great Britain that "You might want to buy stuff that can be frozen now for the holiday season. It might not be found later."

I wonder what we are going to be short here besides the normal gifts we give, and I am talking about foodstuff? Might be a lean holiday season here in the states.

Second, it seems and this is from reports by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, that 50 million Americans have not paid off last Christmas. 

Good gravy, and Christmas 2021, is upon us.....How far in debt are these Americans? 

Third, the trucking companies, looking and desperate for workers discover that many of their applicants even those with the appropriate licenses, can't pass a drug test. 

I don't know, and I am hoping I am wrong, but it doesn't sound like Christmas will be good for those wanting material goods. For others, who see Christmas as a time for family and/or faith, it always is....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...