Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Empty

 I don't know, it seems to me it is getting harder to get stuff this year for Christmas. 

I know there is a Christmas tree shortage, both real and artificial. When we were at the Farm in NE Texas the NBC station out of Tyler was talking about there were no more "real" trees to be had in the area. 

Heck, I had a hard time finding the specific anti-freeze we put in our pipes at the Farm this year. I finally found it at the O'Reilly's in Rusk, TX. ( At that point we were about to check-in at Rusk for a long rest.)

Once we got there, we were amazed at how empty the shelves were at the local grocery stores. ( Up there it is Brookshire's the 'cousin' of Brookshire Brothers in our area.) We hit the groceries in Quitman, Winnsboro, Mt. Vernon and still didn't find what we were really looking for......I don't know, I know the Dollar General is notorious about not keeping up with stock, but it seems the shelves are even more bare this year, my wife was even saying that Little Debbie Christmas Tree snack cakes are not to be found.  

I thought by now, we'd have our supply/ employment problems worked out in this country. 

Perhaps I am expecting too much? Perhaps I am spoiled? Perhaps the conspiracy theory people are correct?

So, my question today, are you finding what you are needing? Or are you having to hunt?

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes we are having to hunt around. Times are tough right now, hell the electric bill hurt this month.

    ReplyDelete

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...