Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Okay Ladies, Again....

 So, I ran into a former student the past few days and referred to her as her maiden name. 

Sorry, Couldn't remember her Christian name and I did not know her married name. It was husband number two. 

Husband number two was with her......And he just about lost it because I referred to her by her maiden name. He started to act so outraged, I felt for my pistol. I thought he was going to hit me. He did settle down when he realized I was reaching and had my hand on my CCW. ( He was so outrage, I was going to have to pull and shoot. It was scary.) 

Seriously, guys are you that threaten by someone calling your spouse by their maiden name? 

I went to my wife's 40th high school reunion, and everyone called her by her maiden name, " Britain." 

I did not bat an eye. I did not expect these people to know me....Nor know her by any other name....Even if they knew, I did not care.( Some of her oldest friends called her "Thomas.") And two of the boys who called her by her maiden name were old boyfriends.

She's not associated with them in years. One even introduced us to his husband. ( Who I thought was funny as heck. Both old boyfriend and husband.) 

I don't know. 

I don't have control, nor would I want to have control over who you marry, but it makes me wonder what the girl's life is like at home, if hubby is getting upset over basically nothing. 

Sorry ladies, I may call you by your maiden name. I'm not going to learn your married name unless I associate with you, or know your husband.  

And even then, I may mess up....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...