Saturday, February 19, 2022

Well....Either I Avoided Hell....Or I Am Going Straight to Hell....

 I toyed with the idea of a teaching position at a private school over the last few weeks.....They even asked for an resume and were wanting to speak to me before I came to my senses.....

When I sent in the resume, I knew they were going to want to talk to me, after I took a look at what all I had done in the past.....And sure enough, they did....

I think what made it a " big no" in my book was two things.

One, they pretty much have their own curriculum.

Sorry, I've written my own curriculum for 30+ years. The pablum you are wanting taught is just that, pablum or some sort of  propaganda that doesn't have both sides of the story and isn't made to make you question everything and everyone. Especially political leaders. All sides, both sides.....It's why I told stories about the leadership that sometimes wasn't necessarily in a positive light. 

And second, they had a hard-line stance on gays.

Sorry, I have a number of friends who are in the LGBT community.  

I've been known to have lunch with couples before who are just that, people of the same sex who are significant others. And will continue to do so. 

As I have said before, gay folks are just hooked-up that way. And the stance taking by the institution was this was worse than most other "sins." 

God forbid a church discusses idolatry, covetousness, or anything else that would bring down the U.S. Economy.  And revilers? Come on man, that's everyone in this nation, including preachers, politicians.....Heck, we won't listen twice to a politician unless they "bad-mouth" people on a national or state level.

Look, I marry folks who are atheists. I marry folks of all types. I would not  dream of stopping who you love. 

I could just about imagine them finding out I've been to an inter-religious meeting in which I was the only Christian. 

I could just about imagine what they'd say if they knew some of my  good friends are Mormon....Catholic....Muslim....Buddhist....That my daughter-in-law has no religion.( More and more she is asking for prayers)...And I love all these people dearly.

Oh well, I was going to be materialistic and save the money so we could spend 3-4 months in Scotland/England because you can spend 6 months in the UK with no Visa. 

Look, as I have said my philosophy is " I support my gay neighbors, who protect their marijuana plants, with M-14 assault rifles. " 

I wouldn't be happy at that school.....I really don't need the money. And besides, I love my non-paying gig at KJAS Thursday evenings. ( It's why I've been asking you to subscribe to out channel on YouTube.....I'm all in baby!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...