Tuesday, March 15, 2022

More Confused Than I Need to Be.....

 So, in the last few days since I wrote the blog on dating in 2022, I had a number of people write me on what it is like to date today. 

Damn.....I'd be single too.

I don't know. I had gone through a horrid patch back in the 1970s and I'd hadn't a date in well, 2 1/2 years. Wasn't even trying. Combo of going to school full time, working 3 jobs, playing on and off on Saturday nights, playing in the Lamar Band, I just had no time.....

As I've said, my present wife apparently couldn't get me to pay attention any other way and asked me out after a Lamar game. 

And she paid. Are you listening girls.....SHE paid.....

I don't know. And I know there's an old fashion ideology in this, but there's too much sex and not enough romance today. 

I really don't think you young people understand romance. 

The idea that your heart jumps a little when you see them. Hell, I am still glad when my wife gets home from work. And we've been together dating and married 44 years. We dating a long while before we got married, hell, even waited until we both finished college. 

But hook-ups, friends with benefits, pulling trains, cheating at a drop of a hat, 150 body counts( all these for men and women) come on, how are you going to find someone who truly loves you? Is it all materialistic and sex now?  

The older I get the more I wonder about stuff and wonder about us.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...